Saturday, January 26, 2008

Your $.02 Worth

Here we are just days away from another GOP primary in Florida and just ten days from the all important Super Tuesday, where half of all the delegates will be chosen for the convention later this year in St Paul. (And I can't forget that other states like Maine and Hawaii are set to pick thier delegates too in the next few days.) We are down to five candidates, four of which have gotten a lot of media attention over the past year as the potential republican nominee. Ironically, the one that has for the most part been ignored is the one most closely aligned with the constitution and the traditional views of the republican party of the 20th century, Ron Paul.
While Dr Paul has gotten some media coverage, essentially he is marginalized by the mainstream media, so called conservative media and political pundits, and the republican party itself and has of late been, in effect, blacked out.
Thus the appeal from the campaign to once again dig deep into our pockets and contribute all we can is all the more relevant considering that the other four candidates get their share of time on the free media outlets. Dr Paul must rely entirely on his grassroots support and whatever advertising he can do; for there are still a majority of people in America that do not know who Ron Paul is.
But this blog is not about where Dr Paul stands on the issues. For that, you can take a look at some of my other blogs or go to his campaign website, http://www.ronpaul2008.com/ , or his house of Representative website, www.house.gov/paul . No, this blog is about a response to that call for further donations.
I am a simple man. I recently celebrated ten years of marriage to my beautiful wife and have two outstanding little girls. I am an elder in my church where we attend on Sundays and Tuesdays. We have exactly one car, a minivan, and through a perfect storm or financial situations, are in a pretty dire finacial predicament. I overextended our financial commitments during the real estate boom and, like not a few people, am in over my head. I have had to try to work out of the home due to some of my wife's emotional and psychological problems. Combine that with the fact that the mortgage business (my trade of late) has really been slowing down and throw in some poor investments and you end up where we are today: living from paycheck to paycheck, knowing that other than the mortgage, the food, gas, and the utilities, there is zero wiggle room for anything else.
In the midst of this comes a real champion of liberty and the constitution. While in this financial turmoil comes Dr Ron Paul. For his campaign and his meesage of true conservatism, liberty, and an honest pledge fo defending the constitution, we have done what we can. We have blogged and written letters to the editor. We have passed out bumper stickers and have them on our car and a sign in our yard. We have talked to friends and family and even gave a whole paragraph of our Christmas letter to promoting Dr Paul! We attend a local meetup group when we can get there and have waved signs at Rudy!
And we have given. We have dug deep like so many others. And now comes yet another call. While we have not really been able to afford it before, we dug deep on Nov 5, Dec 16, and Jan 21. We gave on other days as well, more than what we could afford to do. And yet, because of the dire situation we are in and the threat to life and liberty, property and peace, we must do all we can!
So, as I was readying my debit card for another donation, and idea came to me. A challenge as it were to my fellow Ron Paul supporters. I challenge each one to visit one or more of the sites of my blogs. For each comment left on any of the three sites of the blogs, for each time you leave your "two cents worth," I will donate two cents to the campaign come next Saturday, Feb 2. So, if you comment on one, I will donate $.02. All three, I will donate $.06. (Please don't leave more than one comment per site.) Now that may not seem like a lot but the sky is the limit up to a total of $1,000. Here are the sites:

http://billybernardo.blogspot.com/

http://www.cdapress.com/blogs/?req=read&blogger_id=118&entry_id=578

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=154441227&blogID=351697214

My fellow lovers of liberty and Ron Paul supporters, let's see how much you can get me to give to the campaign. It will take 50,000 comments in a week to get me to give all $1000, but it will only take a little over 13,000 people to do all three to get me to give that total amount.

If I do donate $1000, I must say that it is much more than I can afford at this time. I challenge all to do ALL they can and more for the sake of us and especially our children. Comment and give today!

7 comments:

Matt Hayhurst said...

VOTE RON PAUL!!!

LbrtyNJustice4All said...

I'll comment for Ron--hell yeah! Florida here we come!

Soldato said...

i am maxed out so i thank you for you .02!!

Kyle Huwer said...

Hope you can donate a lot even in light of your finainces!

marshmallow said...

your $.02 on my behalf:

we have all fallen down and woe to those who will scream "government save me"

we can save eachother!

TO FREEDOM!!!

storyteller said...

Rock on Ron.
2008 is upon us.

Elicia Thompson said...

Thank you for what you are doing! Ron Paul '08!